Peace Business Continuity: Professional Service Offerings Overview
Peace Business Continuity (PBC) offers a full suite of BC/DR services that can be used to build new BC/DR functions as well as to conduct specific BC/DR projects for clients, as listed below. The offerings are based on Howard Peace’s 35 plus years of extended experience in a multitude of clients and industries. The services are generally offered as fixed price engagements, plus reasonable expenses. The project services will be detailed in a written Statement of Work (SOW) tailored to each client’s specific needs.
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA): measures the impact to the business units of an extended outage inhibiting their ability to conduct mission critical functions. This is the foundation stone upon which all other BC/DR activities and recovery priorities should be based. It is a key tool in building the business case for BC/DR vision, criticality, and expenditures.
- Disaster Recovery Gap Analysis (Gap): examines client current state recoverability against requirements to identify gaps and recommend future state architecture and processes. It is a core offering that identifies shortfalls in recoverability and provides critical input to the development of a roadmap for closing those gaps discovered.
- BC/DR Plan Development (Plan): translates recovery strategies into executable tactical steps to effect recovery in the timeframe required and documents the processes, responsibilities, and procedures. The project includes tabletop exercises to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the plans.
- BC/DR Testing Support (Test): provides framework and methodologies for Table Top and Limited Failover Testing of plans. The offering includes on site participation and a detailed after action report documenting the test activities and any open issues.
- Business Continuity Program Development: provides for the complete development of a new corporate BC/DR function from the ground up, including policy statements, BC/DR methodologies, the BIA, recovery strategy development, disaster recovery and business continuity plans, testing support, job descriptions, and department staffing and budget requirements. The methodology is based on Mr. Peace’s experience developing world class BC functions at Cisco Systems, First Union National Bank, and Verisign.
- What If It Happened Today (WIIHT): provides customers with a low cost high level current state assessment of their ability to recover from unexpected outages of technology, facilities, and critical business functions. The project includes a review of existing documentation and recovery strategies, an onsite visit, a half day tabletop exercise of existing plans conducted by a senior consultant, and an after action report that describes the activities, results, open issues, and recommendations for improvements.
- Trusted Advisor Services: are sold as blocks of hours directed at specific project deliverables. Blocks of Trusted Advisor hours can be used for a myriad of BC/DR purposes and can be used as staff augmentation, subject matter expertise consulting, and project management.